Pea Cream with Seitan
This recipe of pea cream with seitan is perfect for cold days.
- 1 ½ cup of peas
- 1 ½ cup of chopped seitan
- 4 cm of Kombu seaweed
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 chopped carrots
- Olive oil
- Black pepper and salt
- 4-5 glasses of boiled water
- Soak peas in a bowl with four cups of water overnight (about 12 hours).
- In a pot fry the onion for a couple of minutes. Add the Kombu seaweed previously softened in a little water and carrots. Drain the peas and put them in the pot with boiling water for one hour over low heat with the pot covered. Stir occasionally.
- After, pass everything through the food mill. Pour the puree back into the pot, add the seitan, salt and pepper and let it cook for 10 minutes, stirring everything all the time.
- The pea cream is served with croutons.
R24-93319 In Pea Cream with Seitan