What are the properties and benefits of magnesium chloride?
According to scientific research on the effects of this compound in the body, magnesium chloride is the salt that most strengthens the immune system, making it useful for preventing colds and flu. Furthermore, the magnesium chloride has also the following properties:
- Prevents heart attacks by preventing arterial calcification.
- Prevents arthritis, because magnesium prevents uric acid deposits in the joints.
- Prevents osteoporosis action because of its calcium binding.
- Normalizes blood pressure by preventing calcium in the blood concentrate not to harden the arteries, helping to prevent hypertension.
- Regulates digestion.
- Balances the nervous system.
- Prevents cancer, because magnesium fulfills three important cellular functions related to cancer: help correct replication and repair of DNA, promotes cell reproduction and reduce tissue inflammation.
- Prevents the formation of kidney stones, preventing calcium oxalate to be accumulated in them.
- Prevents prostate problems.
- Helps prevent arteriosclerosis: magnesium chloride helps keep arteries supple and clean.
- It is helpful to the health of women to alleviate the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and helps the hormonal regulation.
- Helps remove warts and tumors, as it prevents the proliferation of free radicals that promote cell abnormalities such as tumors or warts.
- It is very good for asthma, because it helps the control and prevention of asthma, reducing inflammation of the airways and relaxing the smooth muscles of the lungs so they can expand better.
- Helps minimize the effects of aging, being considered an essential mineral in the fight against time, since it has a great potential to stimulate the synthesis of collagen in the skin. Produces skin whitening, protects from ultraviolet rays and increases the production of collagen.
- It is helpful in preventing stroke as it reduces blood pressure and glucose concentrations and blood lipids. It causes the decrease of several risk factors that directly influence the predisposition to suffer a stroke.
- It is very effective in preventing allergies, because it helps reduce histamine levels in the body and thus can avoid the annoying allergies.
It is clear that like any other product has its contraindications. Magnesium chloride is contraindicated in case of:
- Diarrhea: Magnesium chloride is a natural laxative when consumed orally. Excess produce strong laxative effects like diarrhea or colitis.
- Renal impairment: magnesium can form kidney stones in only two cases, if there has been excessive treatment with magnesium chloride and if you have had a urinary tract infection with grit formation in the kidneys.